National Informatics Centre (NIC) under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India is a premier Information Technology organization in India which is committed to provide state-of-the-art, solutions for the IT needs of the Government of India, State governments and UTs at all levels. NIC Kerala has been playing a key role in the development and implementation of many Mission Mode and unique projects in Kerala. NIC has also initiated various eGovernance activities to provide better services to the citizens of Kerala.
NIC Kerala enrolls final year students of M Tech (CS/IT), ME (CS/IT), MCA/MSc (CS/IT) from AICTE/UGC recognized institutions, IITs and NITs for undertaking full semester project work. Students are selected on the basis of marks obtained in previous semester/years of the degree under which the project is to be done and availability of suitable projects in NIC.
Educational Institutions may forward a maximum of five applications in the prescribed proforma along with bonafide certificates of the students.Application should be forwarded by the Principal/Head of the institution only. Students will be deployed in live projects/part of computerization of eGovernance projects from Government departments undertaken by NIC. Hence it is essential that the students undertake the projects within the stipulated time and ensure that module(s) designed and developed by them are integrated with NIC projects along with appropriate documentation.Software code is not normally shared with institution/university and the modules designed and developed under the supervision of NIC will be the intellectual property of NIC.
Publication of thesis in national/international journals will be permitted with joint submission of the same by student, NIC project guide and other team members from NIC.The project starts either around January semester (1st Jan - 10th Jan) or July semester (1st Jul - 10th Jul) every year.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered and are liable to be rejected without assigning any reason.
- All the fields are required except optional and must be filled in capitals.
- No personal/telephonic inquiries will be entertained directly with the students in this regard.
- NIC reserves the right to reject any/all applicants, if project(s) are not available or the application(s) is/are incomplete or is/are not in order.
- Laptop with required specification will be required for the complete project duration.
- Project should be undertaken at NIC Kerala at the designated locations.
- All students are required to follow office timings of NIC Kerala.
- Students should maintain discipline and office decorum while in office.
- students belonging to full time M Tech (CS/IT), ME (CS/IT), MCA/MSc (CS/IT) are eligible to undergo project training at NIC.
- The course/degree under which the project is to be done should be of formal stream (full-time course) and recognized by Government of India (i.e. UGC/ AICTE etc.).
- Project training should be a part of the regular curriculum of the course/degree and should be full time of one semester duration.
- Project duration must be minimum of 4 months and maximum of 6 months. However M Tech projects will be of 2 semester (1 year) duration. M Tech projects are normally research oriented.
- Students securing more than 70% marks in aggregate/total, in the degree/discipline under which project is to be done will be eligible for project work at NIC
- Duly filled in applications should be sent by email (email id is email@example.com).
Guidelines for selecting student trainees in NIC Kerala
All applications received will be scrutinized on the basis of academic performance. Selected candidates will be called for personal interview by a committee from NIC Kerala. Selected students will be required to produce the course certificate, bonafide certificate, copies of Certificates (Self Attested) at the time of joining, to verify the correctness of the information given in his/her application failing which his/her selection will be cancelled.
- Selected students are required to report to the Training Coordinator, NIC Kerala for joining in NIC Kerala on the stipulated date mentioned in the Selection Letter.
- They must produce the Selection Letter (sent from NIC to their institute) at the time of joining.
- Bring original certificates in support of the degree as claimed in the application form.
- After joining, project will be assigned to the student based on the availability of projects. From then onwards, the student will be reporting to the respective project guide for the projects.
- Weekly/monthly reviews will be held by respective project heads.
- Training division will conduct periodic review.
- All students are required to submit a Project Report at the end of project training.
- Submit the report to their guide at least one week in advance, so as to give enough time to review the report.
- Duly signed report (4 copies: Training division's copy, Guide's copy, Institute's copy, Student's copy) must be submitted to the Training division along with the soft copy on a CD at least one week before the end of the project in advance for signatures from Training division.
- No loose certificates will be signed. Only bound (spiral/hard) copies of the reports shall be submitted for signature.
Download Application for Full Semester Project Work in National Informatics Centre