Android Mobile App for Kerala School Kalolsavam 2017
Kalolsavam Mobile App was launched on 13th January 2017 by Shri. K V Sumesh, District Panchayat President in connection with the 57th Kerala School Kalolsavam at Kannur District. A presentation was given by Shri. Mir Mohammed Ali IAS, District Collector Kannur. The App had more than 7500 downloads within a week.
Mobile App was benefited by all the participants and officials of Kalolsavam 2017. As the host for the event, District Administration could facilitate information services to all its guests through this Mobile App. The App was designed, developed and deployed in the Google Play Store by National Informatics Centre.
The mobile App mainly provided information services to the citizens. The following services were incorporated in the App:
- Kalolsavam Venues with its location and route to reach.
- Search facility to find events schedule
- Parking Areas identified
- Schedule of Samskarika Kalolsavam
- Latest News and events on Kalolsavam
- Important contacts at District level and location-wise which includes Police and civil coordinators. The user can directly make a call in emergency.
- Location details of Accommodation arrangements for the Participants with contact persons
- Information on Kalolsavam initiatives of District Administration
The App was designed and developed by the Mobile App Development Competency Centre of National Informatics Centre in Kannur. NIC has completed the App in a very short span of time. Four updates were provided with additional features